Friday, December 2, 2011

Updates...

December 2, 2011 --

Here are some updates on everything...

-- Operation 23 by twenty-four is well underway and going great!  Last time i stepped on the scale, I weighed 217 pounds, leaving only 7 pounds to lose before my birthday.  Being that my birthday is just over 10 weeks away, I am feeling very good about reaching this goal.

-- Amy and I have also begun round two of our own 'biggest loser' competition.  We started the first round in May and ran it to september.  Now we are just finishing the first week, and plan to go until the second week of March.  Since it is just the two of us, we decided that whoever has the lowest percentage of weight lost will have to buy dinner that weekend.  At the end, there will be a grand prize for the overall biggest loser, but we haven't decided on that yet.  If anyone has any ideas, feel free to comment here!

-- I registered for three races.  TriRock NY in June, the Mighty Hamptons in September, and the Amica Half Marathon in October.

-- I get an email that I was one of the first 25 people to sign up for a TriRock Series race, and that I would be getting my entry fee reimbursed! Gotta love free races!

-- Marathon training is going great! I have added a countdown to the left side of my blog which is keeping a countdown to the gun time of the marathon in March.  I am still very excited and nervous.  This week begins progressively adding more and more mileage.

-- I ran 4 miles today in 34:18 at a pace of 8:34/mile.  Prior to this, my best pace was 9:10.  Im not sure where the extra speed came from, but I'll take it. It felt great!


Thats all for now.  Hope everyone is enjoying December so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment