Monday, December 26, 2011

Success!

December 26, 2011 --

I have to say that a big worry of mine was how I would make it through the holidays with so much food and desserts in front of me, calling my name.  Like I said in my last post, I myself baked over 350 cookies.  Well, I have succeeded! Succeeded not only in making it through the holidays, but I have also accomplished my goal to lose 23 pounds before my twenty-fourth birthday.  When I stepped on the scale this morning, I weighed 210 pounds with 7 weeks still to go before my birthday.

I have also decided that as a reward for meeting this goal, I am giving myself the week between Christmas and New Year's Day to not worry about my weight, enjoy some snacks and desserts in moderation, and enjoy myself this holiday season.  If i spend 51 weeks watching everything i put into my body, I figure I can be a little reckless one week.

This also marks 50 pounds of recorded weight loss and the possibility of as much as 65 pounds of unrecorded weight loss.  The most i had seen on the scale was 261 lbs, but I feel that at my heaviest I was likely around 275 pounds, but have no record of this.  Definitely a huge accomplishment for me considering that for the last 5 years I have been trying to get back to 215 pounds, and now I am even five pounds past that.  I would ultimately like to be somewhere in the 190s and just make sure I am healthy.

I promised myself I would get another tattoo when I hit 215 pounds, so for my birthday i think I will be getting another tattoo.  Not quite sure yet what I will be getting or where, but I am definitely excited.


That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment