Friday, April 13, 2012

Fast Approaching...

April 13, 2012 --

Happy Friday the 13th to everyone out there.  This is the second of three such dates penciled into the 2012 calendar this year.  The first was in January, and the third will come in July.  We are just about half way through April and for many, they will be competing in their first triathlons in three short weeks.

For me, I open my triathlon season in Harriman State Park at TriRock NY.  It's hard to believe that less than a year ago, TriRock was the first triathlon I ran.  It will be nice to return to a familiar race, but due to September's Hurricane Irene, the race will be taking place on a completely different course.  Last year the swim took place at Lake Sebago beach, but unfortunately the hurricane washed away the beach, and this year's race will take place at Lake Welch.

This is the first of many races I have planned this year.  I am not sure exactly what I was thinking when I was planning out the season, bur I am really looking forward to the excitement and the challenge of my season.  My main race this season is the half ironman in Maine at the end of August so that is what my training will be focusing on, but I hope to be competitive in my other Tri's.  I worked really hard on my run speed in the 'off season' and am looking forward to better times this season.  I am coming into the season down fifty pounds from from the Mighty Hamptons race.


No comments:

Post a Comment