Saturday, April 7, 2012

UHC Triple Crown

April 7, 2012 --

Good morning, and welcome to the weekend!  It has been awhile since I have posted on here, and to be honest it has been a combination of a busy schedule and sheer laziness which has kept me away.  I did make a few small updates to the homepage, adding a new page for the UHC Triple Crown.

Many of you may be asking, what exactly this triple crown is, so let me tell you.  Last year, I ran the United Health Care half marathon in Newport, RI.  I absolutely loved this race, and immediately signed up to run it again in 2012.  Long story short, I soon learned two different things.  First, that Amica Marathon (@Amicamarathon) was offering an opportunity to bloggers to enter either the Amica Marathon or UHC half marathon in Newport, RI and blog about their training and experiences at the race.  Secondly, I learned of the triple crown series United Health Care was sponsoring.

The series, consisting of half marathons in Providence in May, Jamestown in July, and Newport in October is looking to "crown a half marathon champion of Rhode Island in 2012."  This series absolutely appealed to me for several reasons.  First, after the 2011 half in Newport, I have the utmost confidence that UHC will put on three fantastic races.  Secondly, Rhode Island is not too far of a drive from where I live on Long Island and is a beautiful state.

I am really looking forward to these three races, the first of which is just four short weeks from today.  I ran 8 miles yesterday in 1:06:41, and am looking forward to a big PR in Providence!

In the next few days I will post my 'insane race schedule' for 2012...Last I counted I think a total of 14 or 15 races.

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment