Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year...New Goals

January 1, 2012--

How many of you incorrectly wrote 2011 on something you dated today?  I already have several times.  I had just gotten used to writing 2011 on things, and here already it is 2012.  Maybe this year I will just start writing 2013 so that for once, (when 2013 arrives) I can enjoy an entire year without having to cross out the incorrect year on just about everything I write.

Along with ninety percent of the world, I have made some New Year's Resolutions.  I have decided to share them, in no particular order.

1- Get a full time probationary (tenure track) job teaching Math.  I currently am working as a TA, but really want to start teaching math.

2- Find a nice, affordable apartment on Long Island or in Westchester to move into with Amy.

3- Break the 200 pound mark and get into the 190's ... this is my final goal for weight loss.  After this I just want to maintain.

4- Run 5k under 25 min

5- Run Half Marathon under 2 hrs. 15 min.

6- Run 1000 total miles in training and races. (1/100th of the way there already after today's 10 miler)

7- Survive Marathon in March!

8- Earn the Grand Slam Heavy Medal from the Rock'n'Roll Marathon Series.


These are just a few of the things I would like to accomplish in 2012.  I really tried to make these goals realistic and attainable.


I hope that everyone had an enjoyable New Year's Eve and wish only the best for a happy and healthy 2012.  May you reach your goals and see your dreams come true this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment