Sunday, January 22, 2012

10 Shy of 14

So for the first time this winter, the weather has finally ruined a run for me.  Overnight Friday into Saturday, an accumulation of a few inches of snow fell, and continued to fall into Saturday morning.  

Being the crazy person that I am, I still planned on doing the fourteen through the snow.  I layered up, and set out for the run.  I felt good temperature wise...my layering had worked very well.  I ran about two miles no problems, and then my hips began to hurt.  I was not getting any push off the ground with my feet to propel myself forward, and had t work extra hard with my hips to actually keep moving.  

I ran another two and a half miles to amass a total of about 4.5 miles and then called it quits.  I was right near my house, and decided to try this run again sometime this week (weather permitting Monday).

I am not overly upset over this run, I expected that at some point the weather would ruin one of two of my workouts.  My shorter ones can be run inside on my treadmill, but I'm not sure I can stand to be on a treadmill for over two hours to get to the 14 mile mark, but we will see what is necessary to cover the miles.

That's all for now, I'll be in front of the TV all day watching football.  Go Ravens and Giants!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment