Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Updates and a 14 Miler

January 18, 2012 --

Hello all, so here are a few updates on my life and my progress.

1- This morning I weighed in at 205 lbs. Which means that operation 23 by twenty-four was a success and then some.  Originally, 23 by twenty four would have taken me to 210 lbs before my twenty-fourth birthday which is February 11th.  With still three weeks to go, I have already surpassed that by five pounds.

2- Marathon training is going better than I could have imagined.  I did my twelve miler last weekend with no problems.  My time was just a few minutes over two hours for a 10:10 or so pace.  I have a 14 miler coming up this weekend, and am really looking forward to it.

3- The decision to do the half ironman has begun to sink in, and I am beginning to get more and more excited about the race.  I know that in the next few months I am going to have to do a few things to the road bike to get it ready.  I want to get some new pedals, shoes, and aerobars for it.  I also want to get an indoor trainer for it.

I think thats it for now...I'll let you know how the 14 miles go this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment